Spunmelt Fabric (SMS/SMMS)
Spunmelt fabric is a composite non-woven fabric. It is a composite product of spunbond and meltblown, which has the advantages of high strength, good filtering performance, and they are also not adhesive and non-toxic.
USEON provides SMS/SMMS fabric according to your needs.
Photos of SMS / SMMS Nonwoven Fabric Machine
What’s Spunmelt Fabric
Spunmelt is a composite non-woven fabric. It is a composite product of spunbond and meltblown.
So, what is spunbond meltblown spunbond (SMS)?
Spunbond meltblown spunbond fabric, commonly known as SMS fabric, is a three-layer non-woven fabric.
According to different purposes, generally there are some types such as SMS, SMMS, SSMMS. We can mainly provide high quality SMS and SMMS.
Spunmelt Fabric Specifications
Spunmelt Fabric Performance
Spunmelt non-woven fabric is non-toxic, tasteless, and efficient in separating bacteria. Through special treatment of the equipment, it can achieve antistatic, anti-alcohol, anti-plasma, and water-repellent properties.
- Lightweight: Polypropylene resin is used as the main raw material for production which contains three-fifths of cotton, resulting in its fluffiness and good texture.
- Soft: It is composed of fine fibers (2-3D) and is formed by light-point hot-melt bonding. The finished product is moderately soft and comfortable.
- Water-repellent and breathable: Polypropylene slices do not absorb water, and they have zero water content and impressive water-repellent properties. They are made of 100% fiber and are porous and air-permeable. Thus, it makes them relatively easy to keep dry and is easy to wash.
- Non-toxic and non-irritating: The product is produced with FDA food-grade raw materials; it does not contain other chemical components. It has stable performance, is non-toxic, odorless, and does not irritate the skin.
- Anti-chemical agents: Polypropylene is a chemically blunt substance, not moth-eaten, and can isolate the corrosion of bacteria and insects in liquids.
- Antibacterial property: The product is water-repellent, not moldy, and can isolate the erosion of bacteria and insects in the liquid.
- Good physical properties: It is made of polypropylene spun yarn directly spread into a net and thermally bonded. The strength of the product is better than that of ordinary staple fiber products. The strength is non-directional, and the strength is similar in the vertical and horizontal directions.
Spunmelt Fabric Applications
Spunmelt composite fabrics are produced according to usage, and the number of M layers in the middle is determined by different customer needs. Therefore, in the following discussion, they are collectively referred to as SMS.
SMS can be treated with anti-alcohol, anti-blood, anti-oil, anti-static, anti-bacterial, anti-aging, and other treatments to excel under a variety of applications. The exceptional characteristics of SMS non-woven fabrics makes it feasible a wide range of situations.
- Thin SMS non-woven fabric, due to its good waterproof and breathable properties, is particularly suitable for the sanitary market, such as sanitary napkins, sanitary pads, baby diapers, adult incontinence pants, etc.
- SMS non-woven fabrics of medium thickness are suitable for use in medical operations, such as surgical gowns, surgical drapes, surgical drapes, sterilization bandages, wound placards, plasters, etc., and also suitable for industrial work and protection services etc.
- Thick SMS non-woven fabrics are widely used as high-efficiency filter materials for various gases and liquids. Simultaneously, they are also excellent high-efficiency oil-absorbing materials. They are used in industrial waste water degreasing, marine oil cleaning and industrial wipes.
The thickness is mainly determined by the weight of M or S of each layer. The SMS fabric we currently supply is mostly used in medical treatment.
How to Make SMS/SMMS Fabric
In this video, we’ll show you how to make SMMS non-woven fabric.